PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 17, 2012

Spray Art

This week, our theme is Apples.

I'm always trying to come up with art projects my little ones can work do, because as fun as fingerpainting is, it gets boring if that's all you do.

This week, I decided we'd try some spray art, and it went really well.
 
I put some Colorations Liquid Watercolor in red, green, yellow, and pink (some apples are kind of pink -- like my favorite, Pink Lady apples -- and I have four Monday kids, and I wanted them to be able to each have a different color to encourage sharing) that I diluted with a little water (but just a little!) to make it go farther.

I put a paper towel on a tray for each child, and let them share colors to create multicolored works of art.  They did have a little trouble figuring out how to use the trigger at first, but they caught on pretty quickly).  The plan is to cut them out in apple shapes for a display.  The colors blend together in a fun way, and they really did end up looking like some of the pinker apples!

All in all, I highly recommend this type of art for toddlers.  Not only is it fun, but they get a sense of accomplishment when they spray by themselves (not to mention it's an EXCELLENT fine motor exercise!).  They didn't want to stop for our outside time!


2 comments:

  1. We did some apple prints with our guys. We gave them yellow, red, and green and then let them print with the apples. We were going to cut them into leaves because once they were all mixed it looked a little like fall, but they were just too cute and so we are going to have to get leaves on our tree some other way because we can't cut them. [sigh]

    ReplyDelete